University of Cincinnati
- 2.5 days, limited to 20 participants
- 1/2 day live surgery with Dr. Karram showing prolapse surgeries
- 2 half-days of cadaver surgeries with 5 cadavers. The cadaver lab will demonstrate trans-vaginal sutured repairs, trans-vaginal graft repairs, sacral colpopexy, slings, Burch, and cystoscopy. Each surgeon will get personal instruction, practice time, and assessment of skills.
- Full CME with pre- and post-tests
- Certificate of education
- Didactics to include:
- Evaluation of prolapse with POP-Q, and urinary incontinence
- Assessment of clinical outcomes for prolapse and incontinence repairs
- Deep vaginal anatomy and dissection techniques
- Selection of patients for surgery
- How to learn from a surgical procedure video
- Sutured trans-vaginal prolapse techniques
- Science of biologic grafts
- Sling surgery techniques
- Trans-vaginal prolapse techniques with grafts
- Retropubic and pre-sacral anatomy and techniques of sacral colpopexy and Burch
- Cystoscopy instruments, techniques, and pathology
- Management of vaginal mesh complications and epithelial repair techniques
- Prevention and treatment of occult SUI in prolapse patients
- Case discussions and videos, interactive with all faculty
- Principles of Informed Consent for prolapse repairs and slings, with handouts
Instructions for Participation and Credit:
This activity is eligible for credit through October 13, 2013. After this date, the activity will expire and no further credit will be awarded. There are no fees for participating in or receiving credit for this educational activity. For information on applicability and acceptance of continuing education credit for this activity, please consult your professional licensing board.
- Please complete the registration application and the pre-test for the course online.
- Your registration application will be reviewed and you will be notified of confirmation or will be wait listed for the next available course within 14 days.
- Upon confirmation notification, you will receive all logistics information regarding travel, hotel, etc.
- Complete the educational content as designed.
- To receive a certificate, you must receive a passing score on the post-test and complete the Activity Evaluation to provide feedback for future programming.
- Upon successful completion of the post-test and evaluation, certificates will be emailed to participants approximately 2 weeks after the completion of the course.