Sanatorio Sagrado Corazon
OSECAC, Buenos Aires
This advanced vaginal surgery course is for the specialist well versed in vaginal surgery looking to increase their knowledge about more complex vaginally approached operations. As minimally invasive approaches have been stressed in gynecologic surgery, there is concern that robotic and laparoscopic cases are replacing cases that can be successfully accomplished vaginally. To help address this issue, this course will focus on the least invasive approach of all, the vaginal approach. Topics such as management of primary and recurrent stress urinary incontinence, vaginal prolapse repair with and without mesh, sacrospinous ligament anatomy, hysteropexy, and management of mesh complications will be covered by internationally recognized experts in the fi eld of gynecologic surgery. In addition to a variety of topics, participants will be able to present diffi cult cases from their practice to generate group discussion. Two half-days of live surgeries and surgical demonstrations will round out the program. At the conclusion of the course, participants will feel confi dent in using these surgical techniques to help their patients.
- Identify patients who can benefit from vaginal surgery for complex gynecologic problems.
- Manage primary and recurrent urinary incontinence in women.
- Achieve a comprehensive knowledge of sacrospinous ligament anatomy and its
importance for Level I apical suspension.
- Select patients who are appropriate candidates for mesh and native tissue repairs of
- Identify, appropriately work-up, and manage complex mesh complications.
- Determine the various surgeries used to perform hysteropexy.
- Treat the patient with vaginal stricture or shortening with surgery to restore normal caliber and length